Benefits of TASC Membership
Tukino is a very special place on the Eastern Side of Mount Ruapehu. It is within the World Heritage Tongariro National Park and provides a unique wilderness experience with extremes of weather, breathtaking views and a fascinating volcanic alpine environment with huge potential for education, training, alpine sports and research. Being a member of TASC is about being part of a team who care for Tukino and ensure that the place is cared for in keeping with its World Heritage and Conservation status, rich Maori and European history. Be part of something worthwhile and have fun at the sametime!.
- Discounted accommodation. Save over $20 per night on accommodation in winter, and $10 per night in summer. The cost of joining pays for itself in just a few nights.
- Discounted ski field lift passes – 50% discount in 2017.
- Free ski equipment (skiis, boots, poles (adult and child).
- Preferential booking access for the members’ room, see below.
- Two free summer nights per year.
- Save e.g. a family of 2 adults, 1 student, 1 child will save $250 over 2 days, by staying one night and purchasing 2 days of winter ski passes. In addition ski equipment is free for members. Family membership is $100 per year.
- Discounted accommodation at the nearby Desert Alpine and Aorangi Ski Club.
- And being part of a very fun club in a magnificent setting!
How do I become a TASC Member? It’s as easy as 1,2,3!
1. Download and fill out the membership form
2. Post or scan & email the filled-out form to membership officer (details on form – we’re avoiding online forms to keep your information safe).
3. We will contact you to confirm membership and request payment.
For general membership enquiries contact us at email@example.com
Annual Membership Rates 2017
- Adult annual membership: $70.
- Student or child annual membership: $50.
- Family membership: $100. This is available for three or more members of the same family.
Foundation Membership Rates 2018
- 5 years – individual $320 Benefits: Access to lodge at member rates and benefits for five full calendar years.
- 5 years – individual plus guests $2000 Benefits: Access to lodge for an individual at member rates and benefits for five full calendar years, plus up to five guests may accompany at member rates.
- Life – individual plus guests $5000 Benefits: Access to lodge for an individual at member rates and benefits for life, plus up to five guests may accompany at member rates.
- If you are a group and wish to enquire about group foundation membership opportunities contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- All memberships are non transferable and non refundable.
- Each membership has equal one member vote at each annual general meeting.
- The TASC Committee reserves the right to impose “lodge rules” for safe operating practices.
- Membership is at discretion of the TASC Committee and membership can be revoked in the case of disregard for safety, club constitution, or “lodge rules”.
- TASC Committee reserves right to change price and terms of memberships.
- TASC Committee may notify and provide further member privileges in addition to core benefits from time to time at its own discretion.
- Members are encouraged to contribute by joining the TASC Committee or helping out at working bees usually held in the summer months (this is not compulsory however).
- Tukino Alpine Sports Club encourages prospective members to visit the club on a casual basis to see how it operates and meet some existing members (again, encouraged but not compulsory).
SInce 2012 we have been trialling a “Members’ Room” for TASC members. We intend to keep this going in 2015. TASC members have preferential booking access to this room to meet their need for accommodation for smaller groups at reasonably short notice. The rest of the time the room is available for general use.
The room is useful because the lodge is often quite busy with non-member groups during the winter months in particular. Also, some members may wish for a smaller room more suited to a family or small group. For example, a small group of members may want to go skiing when they see the forecast is looking good.
The members’ room is in the upper lodge and has three double bunks. The door has a combination lock installed. Members will book the members’ room by contacting the TASC booking officer. At least 48 hours notice is required. The booking officer will provide the code for the door.
PLEASE NOTE: TASC cannot guarantee booking access to the members’ room at all times. TASC may need to book the room occasionally for larger groups or other uses. Of course, members can also make bookings for other rooms in the lodge.